A million readers can’t be wrong

Posted on Nov 11, 2014

Dr. Tom Lombardo, RVC Professor of Engineering and Technology, writes about sustainable energy for the ENGINEERING.com website and maintains the Sustainable Energy Today and Educational Technology Today pages on Facebook.

He says that researching and writing keep him up-to-date on the latest technologies and how they work. He brings that knowledge back to the classroom so he can talk about what’s current and what’s on the horizon, too.

In just his first 18 months writing for ENGINEERING.com, Tom’s entries collected more than one million views.

You can read his articles here:

There really is NO alternative. Fossil fuels are finite resources; renewable energy is essential to our nation’s economy, health, and national security. And it creates American JOBS!

Professor Lombardo says, “My interest in sustainable energy goes back to 1984 when I was working on my bachelor’s degree. (Yes, I’m THAT old!) I took an elective course about ‘alternative energy.’ Back then the alternative energy field was dominated by hobbyists, and the technology was expensive, inefficient, and impractical. I’m happy to say that today the field is taken seriously by professionals, the technology is much better and more affordable, and we’ve replaced the word ‘alternative’ with ‘renewable’ or ‘sustainable.’ There really is NO alternative. Fossil fuels are finite resources; renewable energy is essential to our nation’s economy, health, and national security. And it creates American JOBS!”

More about RVC’s Sustainable Energy Systems degree: http://www.rockvalleycollege.edu/Courses/Programs/SustainableEnergy/index.cfm

Papers
RVC kept Jim Ringness in the game and onto an unexpected career path

Jim Ringness is the General Manager for Shaw Media Kane County Operations where he oversees the Kane County Chronicle (both...