The Rock Valley College Board of Trustees is engaging in Community Conversations to create dialogue about how the College is serving our district and where we can improve. Rock Valley College president Mike Mastroianni is reporting on these events through local media and feedback is also provided below in the form of emerging themes from the small group discussions. The Rock Valley College Trustees and administrators are very grateful for the insight and look forward to further discussions.
Themes from Community Conversation
Ellis Elementary School | October 16, 2014
How is Rock Valley College Serving our Region Well?
- Great Programs
- Downtown Location
How do we help Residents take the Next Step in Education?
- Create more Accessibility/Transportation to campus locations
- RVC is speaking with local community partners regarding opportunities to assist students with transportation issues
- Communicate/Advertise the college’s stories more broadly
- RVC is embarking on new advertising campaigns – watch for us!
- Reach more into middle and elementary schools (include groups like Scouts, YMCA, etc.)
- We routinely work with such community partners, and look forward to enriching those programs
- Show more of RVC’s success stories (particularly those from alternate paths)
- More Rock Valley College advertising
- Child care assistance
- This is a very common issue for community college students, and RVC continues to speak with local provider partners and other institutions for potential solutions
- Expand downtown campus facilities and programming
- RVC is currently seeking a permanent home for its downtown location where facilities and programs will meet a broad range of student needs
We welcome feedback. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.