Get to Know Me: Christine Lott

Posted on Sep 5, 2017

Welcome to our “Get to Know Me” feature for RVC employees! Today we are going to get to know Christine Lott.

Title: Director of Records and Registration/ Registrar

Department: Records and Registration

Tell us a little about your job at RVC.

Wikipedia (lol) states the following “Typically, a registrar processes registration requests, schedules classes and maintains class lists, enforces the rules for entering or leaving classes, and keeps a permanent record of grades and marks.”

I have heard that if Wikipedia says it – it must be true.

What motivates or inspires you?

I love seeing students succeed and watching them develop from new freshman to college graduates. My children truly are my purpose and they push me to be better.

What scares you?

Deep water

What do you like to do for fun?

I have many hobbies, including auto racing, antiques, music, my son’s baseball and basketball games, and trying new restaurants. I just wish I had more time to do them all more often.

What was your very first job?

My very first job was picking up cigarette butts from my father’s business parking lot. I was about 7. Gross, I know. I have worked many places from hotels, the mall, insurance sales, embroidery shop, banks, schools, and several area racetracks.

Who are your role models?

My awesome parents!

If you are a part of any local or national clubs or boards, please share those details.

Neighborhood Network / Belvidere Representative PANCAN (Pancreatic Cancer Action Network) BNI (Business Network International) Boone Farms 4-H Parent

What is your favorite quote or words to live by?

“Life can make you bitter or better.” -Bryan Robyn

“Treat others how you wish to be treated.” -Golden Rule

What is the best advice you have ever received?

One piece of advice that I got way back in high school from a teacher was, “To be early is to be on-time, to be on-time is to be late and to be late is to be forgotten.” -Tom Huber

What’s the last good book you’ve read?

Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek, and Choosing to See by MaryBeth Chapman

What’s the last good movie you have seen?

Hidden Figures

What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?

American Pickers

What was the first concert you ever attended and what is the most recent concert you have attended?

First concert: New Kids on the Block (don’t laugh)

Most Recent: The Zac Brown Band

Who is your celebrity crush?

Rob Lowe, Tim McGraw, Kirk Cameron (I know that is 3)

Where is your favorite place to eat?

My favorite place was Maria’s on Cunningham until they closed. I now love to visit Joe’s.

Where do you like to go or what do you like to do when you have a long weekend?

When I rarely get a weekend off, I cherish the memories my family makes at a sporting event or visiting a new town.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

I actually have many, and should probably keep those to myself. *wink 😉

What might surprise people to learn about you?

I was a finalist for the Mickey Mouse Club in the early 90’s. I have a wonderful letter from Disney. I also had a cameo on MTV’s Road Rules when they came to the Rockford Speedway.

What’s the next big thing coming up in your life that you are looking forward to?

I am really excited to be here at RVC and looking forward to watching RVC sports and supporting the music department.

We Want You

If you would like to be featured in an upcoming “Get to Know Me” just fill out our online form!

Disclaimer: These “Get to Know Me” features will be shared on this blog and visible to the public. 

Get to Know Me: Lisa Alexander

Welcome to our “Get to Know Me” feature for RVC employees! Today we are going to get to know Lisa Alexander.