Get to Know Me: Rachel Boge

Posted on Jun 25, 2018

Welcome to our “Get to Know Me” feature for RVC employees! Today we are going to get to know Rachel Boge.

Title: Project Coordinator/Copywriter

Department: Communications and Marketing

Tell us a little about your job at RVC.

I’m the new Project Coordinator/Copywriter for Communications and Marketing. I’m the contact for the design process for any marketing materials that your department may need.

What motivates or inspires you?

Lately, I’ve been getting really inspired by celebrity memoirs. Most recently I read Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham. I love being reminded that people don’t just fall into their success, but work really hard for it.

What scares you?

Birds really freak me out. There’s something about an animal that can come at you from the sky that just doesn’t sit well with me.

What do you like to do for fun?

I love hiking, going to concerts, and doing all sorts of creative projects with my friends.

What was your very first job?

My first job was at Bing’s Drive In when I was 16. I served and ate a lot of ice cream.

Who are your role models?

My parents are definitely my biggest role models. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.

What is your favorite quote or words to live by?

“Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread. A civilization which destroys what little remains of the wild, the spare, the original, is cutting itself off from its origins and betraying the principle of civilization itself.” – Edward Abbey

What is the best advice you have ever received?

To not care too much about what other people think of you. Life’s a lot more fun and fulfilling when you aren’t wrapped up in the opinions of others.

What’s the last good book you’ve read?

I just finished reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. It definitely lived up to all the hype it’s been getting.

What’s the last good movie you have seen?

Isle of Dogs. I love Wes Anderson, stop motion, and dogs, so I really loved the film.

What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?

I try not to binge watch shows I really like because I like to stretch out the experience, but it’s really hard to not binge Stranger Things.

What was the first concert you ever attended and what is the most recent concert you have attended?

My first concert was Go Radio, The Summer Set, and Paradise Fears. The power ended up going out before the show, so they all played acoustic sets outside of The Rave. Most recently I saw George Ezra at The Riviera. It was one of the best shows I’ve ever been to.

Who is your celebrity crush?
George Ezra

Where is your favorite place to eat?

Octane is my go to restaurant in Rockford. They never disappoint.

Where do you like to go or what do you like to do when you have a long weekend?

Most of my friends don’t live around here, so I like to hop on any opportunity I get to travel and visit my friends who live far away.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Plastic water bottles.

What might surprise people to learn about you?

I spent a summer living in Yellowstone National Park living the dream of hiking every single day.

We Want You

If you would like to be featured in an upcoming “Get to Know Me” just fill out our online form!

Disclaimer: These “Get to Know Me” features will be shared on this blog and visible to the public. 

Get to Know Me: Robbie Kaselitz

Welcome to our “Get to Know Me” feature for RVC employees! Today we are going to get to know Robbie...